Certification Process & Applications
Attaining professional certification in Contract Management will distinguish you as a subject matter expert, while boosting your own performance and enhancing the profession as a whole.
Please note: The application window for new certification applications will be closed from December 15, 2022 until January 5, 2023. Any new certification applications submitted during that time will be reviewed beginning January 5, 2023 with a 15-business day turn around.
Learn about process for Credentialing Assistance for Military Personnel
Maintain your certification by staying current with industry trends. Your peers will respect your commitment!
The CPCM™, CFCM™, CCCM™ and CCMA are awarded to candidates who meet the following competitive standards:
Four Paths to Certification
Choose the program that best suits your experience and career goals. Each certification has its own benefits.
Let Us Explain The Process
Interested in becoming certified, but not sure where to start? Listen to this informational session to learn about NCMA certifications and how to navigate the process.
Watch Video Download Slide Deck
What do I need to do next?
- Complete your application and pay the associated fee.
- Allow 15 days for your application to be reviewed.
- Study for your upcoming certification exam!
- Register for the exam and pay the fee.
- Pass the exam within your one year of eligibility and congratulate yourself on a job well done!
- Your certificate and letter will be mailed out at the beginning of the next month following certification.
- Access your digital certificate and share your new NCMA credential on your social media accounts.
How to Access Your Application:
- Log into your profile at the top of any page on the NCMA website and select Certification from the left hand menu
- From there, do one of two things:
- Click on new application by selecting the blue button of the certification you are applying for -OR-
- If it is an existing certification, click on the certification within the men
- From there, follow the tabs and instructions along the top.
Need information to provide to your employer or colleague. The following documents were created to be shared among the contracting community.
Questions About NCMA certifications?
Watch Navigating NCMA Certifications to get a better understanding of the process.
Watch Recording! Download Slide Deck
Four-page document that briefly outlines NCMA's four certifications.
Facts About Certificants
Two-page document that outlines the breakdown of our current certificate holders.
NCMA Certification Program: Everything You Need to Know
Fifteen-page document that outlines:
- NCMA’s Four Certifications and Eligibility
- Benefits of a Contract Management Certification
- Application Process and Fees
- Continuing Education… What Counts?
- How to Prepare
- Taking Your Exam
- Your Rights as a Candidate
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the FAQ page for answers to commonly asked certification questions.
NOTE: The National Contract Management Association considers the establishment and maintenance of a robust professional certification as one of its core duties and responsibilities. NCMA believes that impartiality in carrying out our certification activities is imperative. Candidates for NCMA certification are not required to be NCMA members nor are they required to take any specific NCMA training courses. NCMA actively addresses and eliminates potential conflicts of interest that may arise among certification candidates, NCMA staff, the NCMA Board of Directors, authors of examinations or study materials, or NCMA Education Partners. NCMA maintains objectivity in the operation of its certification activities.