Must-have reference for contract management professionals, based on our internationally recognized third party standard.
What are the seven core competencies?
The CMBOK explains the seven core competencies that serve as essential building blocks for successful contracting practitioners and leaders.
- 1 Leadership - Find out why adept leadership skills are necessary for Contract Management professionals at all levels.
- 2 Management - Discover how management competency involves setting goals to enhance both individual proficiency and organizational capability.
- 3 Guiding Principles - Learn how to look for defining principles through all phases of the contract life cycle, no matter what each unique situation throws your way.
- 4 Pre-Award - Familiarize yourself with the first phase of the contract life cycle, when buyers produce solicitations and sellers prepare offers.
- 5 Award - Let us walk you through this often-complicated phase in which the buyer and seller work together to produce a contract.
- 6 Post-Award - Dig into contract execution and completion — the contract administration process.
- 7 Learn - Continuing education ensures Contract Managers’ commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
Get Your Copy Today
Members: $60.00 | Nonmembers: $90.00
NCMA is proud to announce the publication of the Sixth Edition of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK). This update is driven by the changes in the Second Edition of the CMS™, which serves as the CMBOK’s foundation.
The CMBOK® Sixth Edition provides a common understanding of the terminology, practices, policies, and processes used in contract management.
To learn more about the primary adjustments from the Fifth Edition to the Sixth Edition, click here.