Our Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK) is the must-have reference for Contract Managers and the primary study guide for the Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM) exam.
What are the seven core competencies?
The CMBOK explains the seven core competencies that serve as essential building blocks for successful contracting practitioners and leaders.
- 1 Leadership - Find out why adept leadership skills are necessary for Contract Management professionals at all levels.
- 2 Management - Discover how management competency involves setting goals to enhance both individual proficiency and organizational capability.
- 3 Guiding Principles - Learn how to look for defining principles through all phases of the contract life cycle, no matter what each unique situation throws your way.
- 4 Pre-Award - Familiarize yourself with the first phase of the contract life cycle, when buyers produce solicitations and sellers prepare offers.
- 5 Award - Let us walk you through this often-complicated phase in which the buyer and seller work together to produce a contract.
- 6 Post-Award - Dig into contract execution and completion — the contract administration process.
- 7 Learn - Continuing education ensures Contract Managers’ commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
Get Your Copy Today
Whether government or industry, every Contract Manager should keep a copy of the CMBOK handy. The CMBOK is a comprehensive resource for the key terms, skills and knowledge required for a successful career in Contract Management.
Cost: $60 (member) / $90 (nonmember)*
The Contract Management Body of Knowledge is the definitive industry reference. You get a hefty discount on the off-the-shelf price of $90 when you join NCMA— members pay only $60. Shipping and handling apply to all orders. Get yours today!
* Shipping & handling fees apply to all orders.