Our Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK) is the must-have reference for Contract Managers.
What are the seven core competencies?
The CMBOK explains the seven core competencies that serve as essential building blocks for successful contracting practitioners and leaders.
- 1 Leadership - Find out why adept leadership skills are necessary for Contract Management professionals at all levels.
- 2 Management - Discover how management competency involves setting goals to enhance both individual proficiency and organizational capability.
- 3 Guiding Principles - Learn how to look for defining principles through all phases of the contract life cycle, no matter what each unique situation throws your way.
- 4 Pre-Award - Familiarize yourself with the first phase of the contract life cycle, when buyers produce solicitations and sellers prepare offers.
- 5 Award - Let us walk you through this often-complicated phase in which the buyer and seller work together to produce a contract.
- 6 Post-Award - Dig into contract execution and completion — the contract administration process.
- 7 Learn - Continuing education ensures Contract Managers’ commitment to professional development and lifelong learning.
Get Your Copy Today
Members: $60.00 | Nonmembers: $90.00
NCMA is proud to announce the publication of the Sixth Edition of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK). This update is driven by the changes in the Contract Management Standard™ Publication (CMS™) Second Edition, which serves as the CMBOK’s foundation.
The CMBOK® Sixth Edition provides a common understanding of the terminology, practices, policies, and processes used in contract management.
To learn more about the primary adjustments from the Fifth Edition to the Sixth Edition, click here.