CPCM holders are professionals who have mastered the competencies in the Contract Management Body of Knowledge (CMBOK). The Contract Management StandardTM, an internationally recognized third party standard, is the foundation of the CMBOK.
Who should pursue the CPCM certification?
- Buyers and sellers who participate in government-to-business (federal, state, and local) and business-to-business (small, medium, and large) contract and subcontract activities;
- Buyers interested in understanding how their actions impact sellers and sellers interested in understanding how their actions impact buyers; and
- Contract management professionals who have a general material interest in contract management (e.g., scholars, consultants, researchers, regulatory authorities, representatives of accrediting organizations, representatives of other organizations, etc.)
Benefits of Earning the CPCM Certification:
- It sets you apart from others in your profession.
- It helps you achieve your professional goals.
- It shows that you are committed to maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
Why CPCM Certification?
Obtaining my CPCM Certification has been a real difference-maker in my career. I believe that holding that certification allowed me to jump over other employees who had more experience than I did.
- A Bachelor’s Degree.
- Degrees from outside the United States must be evaluated by an independent third party, such as World Education Services, Scholaro, Credit Eval, Info Check USA, or SpanTran.
- Five years of work experience in the contract management or related field.
- A minimum of 120 hours of CPE/CLP (see our Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Guide for details).
Application Process & Fees:
If you’re interested in the CPCM certification program, complete and submit your application along with:
- Your college/university transcripts.
- Your work experience (CV, resume, or employer records).
- Proof of at least 120 CPE/CLP hours.
- Your application fee ($210 for NCMA members and $410 for nonmembers).
Once you have completed and submitted your application, the Certification Department will have everything formally reviewed within 15 business days. If approved, you will have one year and three attempts to pass your exam.
Exam Process & Fees:
Your test will be scheduled through Kryterion, NCMA’s testing provider. You will be able to select the date, time, and testing location based on your zip code. The exam fee is $125 in the U.S. & Canada and $150 internationally.
Reschedule requests made within 72 hours of an exam will result in a $100 (domestic) and $130 (international) fee.
Visit our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked certification questions.
Feedback, Questions, or Complaints?
Didn't see the answer to your questions about the CPCM certification program? No problem. Contact the NCMA Certification Department at 1-800-344-8096 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help.
The Contract Management Standard:
The Contract Management Standard™ (CMS™) is an ANSI-Accredited Standard that describes contract management in terms of the processes created through the integration and interaction of job tasks and skills and the purposes they serve.
The common and repeated application of this standard will improve productivity, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. The CMS™ is the foundation of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge®, Sixth Edition.
CMS™ is a free download available to NCMA members and nonmembers alike. We encourage you to share it with other contract management professionals who will find it useful.
The CMBOK® Sixth Edition provides a common understanding of the terminology, practices, policies, and processes used in contract management.
Slightly updated from the Fifth Edition to align with the competencies found in the Contract Management Standard™ Publication (CMS™) Second Edition—now an accredited American National Standard (ANS) by the American National Standards Institute (ANS number: “ANSI/NCMA ASD 1-2019”).
Purchase today. Members: $60.00 | Nonmembers: $90.00
CPCM Online Preparatory Course:
Participate in NCMA's convenient and interactive 10-week online classroom environment.
CPCM Exam Questions by CMBOK Competency:
|1.0 Leadership||8-12||No change|
|2.0 Management||30-35||No change|
|3.0 Guiding Principles||30-35||No change|
|4.0 Pre-Award||30-35||No change|
|5.0 Award||30-35||No change|
|6.0 Post-Award||30-35||No change|
|7.0 Learn||6-10||No change|