At NCMA, we care and value service members and their families and want to help in their professional development. We offer resources and certifications for active military employees and veterans who are interested in transitioning into a contract management career.
NCMA is an approved credentialing partner searchable in the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, and DoD Civilian Credentialing Opportunities On-line (COOL) portals*. Utilizing the DoD civilian COOL portal you are able to access all six COOL portals. This means that military personnel may be able to use program funding to apply for NCMA certifications and register for optional NCMA Preparatory Courses.
NCMA Products included in the COOL Programs
The CPCM™, CFCM™, and CCCM™ are certifications awarded to candidates who meet rigorous standards, including experience, education, training, and knowledge. They are professional certifications of distinction and carry the respect of their peers in the profession.
NCMA certifications included in all six COOL programs include:
- Certified Professional Contract Manager® (CPCM™)
- Certified Federal Contract Manager™ (CFCM™)
- Certified Commercial Contract Manager™ (CCCM™)
Certification Online Preparatory Courses (OPC)
These 10-week interactive online classroom environments are designed to prepare students for the Certified Professional Contracts Manager™ (CPCM™) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager™ (CFCM™) certification exam. Although helpful to the preparation process, OPCs are not required to take an NCMA certification exam.
NCMA courses included in all six COOL programs include:
There are several steps to receive funds for the approved NCMA certification programs and learning resources. Specifics about each of the six COOL programs are accessible through the DoD website.
- Step One: Learn about the preferred Credentialing Assistance (CA) program including how and when available funds can be used.
- Step Two: Learn about each NCMA credential and its eligibility requirements. Decide which exam or prep course is right for you.
- Step Three: Complete the CA request and wait for approval.
- Step Four: Once you receive approval, you will be directed to contact NCMA to enroll in your training or schedule your exam.
- Important: Do not complete the regular enrollment process on NCMA’s website as it will require payment. NCMA will receive payment directly from the selected Credentialing Assistance Program.
For additional questions, please contact your preferred military branch.
*Note: Practice tests/exams are currently incorrectly linked in the "Exam Prep" tab of the CPCM, CFCM, and CCCM pages located on the Army COOL website. We are in the process of having this corrected. Please refer to the NCMA website for learning resources.