Welcome to NCMA’s innovation hub. We invite you to provide your insight with us: share your success stories, comment, pass along ideas and articles to colleagues, and suggest new ideas. Send them all to me, Anne Laurent, Director, Professional Practice and Innovation, at email@example.com.
Jump to Section
ACQUISITION INNOVATION WEEKLY NEWS
It’s a challenge to keep up with all the acquisition innovations flooding in to bring new products and processes to government programs. The Acquisition Innovation Weekly curates the news, research, and reports so you don't have to.
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT MAGAZINE’S INNOVATIONS COLUMN
These monthly columns feature examples of innovation in and around the contracting community, bringing you ideas, approaches, methods tools to inform and challenge you to explore and attempt new approaches.
- Leading Procurement Innovation: How to prepare yourself for driving your organization’s procurement innovation strategy (May 2021 Issue)
- Innovations: No Contract, No Budget, No Protests: Public-PrivateCollaboration Delivers Contracting Innovation (April 2021 Issue)
- Innovations: What Makes Public Sector Innovation Diﬀerent (March 2021 Issue)
- Innovations: Making the Pentagon an Even More Attractive Customer for AI Upstarts (February 2021 Issue)
- Innovations: The View from Inside: A Contracting Officer Embeds in a Silicon Valley Venture Capital Firm (January 2021 Issue)
- Innovations: Pricing Innovation: Century-Old Cost-Basing Doesn’t Work (December 2020 Issue)
- Innovations: Regaining DOD’s Lost Influence in New Technology Markets (November 2020 Issue)
- Defense Efforts to Attract Innovators are Falling Short (October 2020 Issue)
- Permissible Exercises of Authority (PEAs): Innovating Within the FAR (September 2020 Issue)
- Imagining a New Defense Acquisition System Based on Other Transaction Authority (August 2020 Issue)
- Contracting Creativity Powers Air Force Pitch Days (July 2020 Issue)
- Clearing COVID-19 from the Defense Supply Chain (June 2020 Issue)
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT MAGAZINE’S SUPPLY LINES
Welcome to Supply Lines, a bimonthly column in Contract Management about the intersection of supply chain management and contract management.
OUTSIDE THE BOX BLOG
- November 20: Why We Innovate
- November 5: If You Want People to Take Risks, Teach Them How and Reward the Risk, Not the Outcome
- September 17: The Answer Is Out There, Neo
- August 31: Supply Chains Are Out, Networks Are In. Let the Headaches Begin
- August: 3: Platform One: Is Software Eating the Government?
- July 15: A Guest Post by a Contracting Innovation Pioneer
- July 8: What Is the Acquisition Innovators Weekly?
- July 1: It’s Time for a Fresh Brew
- June 24: Building Supply Chain Immunity
- June 17: Is VC 101 in Your Future?
POWER TO THE SOLUTION-MAKERS
In December 2019, during GCMS, NCMA held a brainstorming session focused on the biggest challenges in the contracting profession. Nearly 800 contract professionals participated and voted to select the top contracting challenges. The top three were assigned to “Solution Activators” who championed each problem statement. These are their solutions.
WHAT WORKS IN INNOVATION
Read about successful innovations as they are happening. Learn how innovators are using new procurement authorities, waivers, and the full flexibilities in acquisition regulations along with experimental commercial purchasing techniques. We are looking for your stories so submit a WHAT WORKS IN INNOVATION entry form today.