Attaining professional certification in Contract Management will distinguish you as a subject matter expert, while boosting your own performance and enhancing the profession as a whole.
The CPCM™, CFCM™, CCCM™ and CCMA™ are awarded to candidates who meet the following competitive standards:
Four paths to certification:
Choose the program that best suits your experience and career goals. Each certification has its own benefits.
- Certified Professional Contract Manager® (CPCM™)
- A certification that is awarded to those with demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge of the competencies in the Contract Management Body of Knowledge® (CMBOK®). Access Application.
- Certified Federal Contract Manager™ (CFCM™)
- A certification that is awarded to those with demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR). Access Application.
- Certified Commercial Contract Manager™ (CCCM™)
- A certification that is awarded to those with demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). Access Application.
- Certified Contract Management Associate™ (CCMA™)
- An entry-level certification that is awarded to those with demonstrated proficiency in the knowledge of the Contract Management StandardTM. Access Application.
What do I need to do next?
- 1 Complete your application and pay the associated fee.
- 2 Allow 15 days for your application to be reviewed.
- 3 Study for your upcoming certification exam!
- 4 Register for the exam and pay the fee.
- 5 Pass the exam within your one year of eligibility and congratulate yourself on a job well done!
- 6 Your certificate and letter will be mailed out at the beginning of the next month following certification.
- 7 Access your digital certificate and share your new NCMA credential on your social media accounts.
Earn Professional Certification
The National Contract Management Association considers the establishment and maintenance of a robust professional certification as one of its core duties and responsibilities.
Need information to provide to your employer or colleague. The following documents were created to be shared among the contracting community.
Four-page document that briefly outlines NCMA's four certifications.
Two-page document that outlines the breakdown of our current certificate holders.
Fifteen-page document that outlines:
- NCMA’s four Certifications and Eligibility
- Benefits of a Contract Management Certification
- Application Process and Fees
- Continuing Education… What Counts?
- How to Prepare
- Taking Your Exam
- Your Rights as a Candidate
Listen in as NCMA discusses how to obtain NCMA's four certifications. Additionally, NCMA's newest certification, Certified Contract Management Associate™ (CCMA™) was discussed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Visit our FAQ page for answers to commonly asked certification questions.
**Due to closures of testing centers related to COVID-19 precaution measures, expiring applications are now extended to March 31, 2021.**
NOTE: The National Contract Management Association considers the establishment and maintenance of a robust professional certification as one of its core duties and responsibilities. NCMA believes that impartiality in carrying out our certification activities is imperative. Candidates for NCMA certification are not required to be NCMA members nor are they required to take any specific NCMA training courses. NCMA actively addresses and eliminates potential conflicts of interest that may arise among certification candidates, NCMA staff, the NCMA Board of Directors, authors of examinations or study materials, or NCMA Education Partners. NCMA maintains objectivity in the operation of its certification activities.