NCMA’s CCMA™ certification is designed to assure new professionals and decision makers that the right knowledge has been achieved to practice contract management and has been validated through NCMA’s rigorous assessment process.
The CCMA™ provides a strong steppingstone for those new to the contract management profession and sets you off on a powerful professional journey.
Sign up to be notified when the application is available. Complete the contact form.
The Contract Management Standard™:
The CMS™ is an ANSI-Accredited American National Standard that describes contract management in terms of the processes created through the integration and interaction of job tasks and skills and the purposes they serve.
The common and repeated application of this standard will improve productivity, increase efficiency, and reduce costs. The CMS™ is the foundation of the Contract Management Body of Knowledge®, Sixth Edition.
CMS™ is a free download available to NCMA members and nonmembers alike. We encourage you to share it with other contract management professionals who will find it useful.
The purpose of this handbook is to provide you with important information about the policies and procedures on how you can:
- Apply for the CCMA™ certification,
- Obtain the CCMA™ certification, and
- Maintain the CCMA™ certification.
The Handbook not only describes the certification and recertification processes, but it also provides valuable information on the structure and content of the exam. NCMA requires that all CCMA™ certification applicants read this entire handbook.
Who should pursue the CCMA™ certification?
- Anyone with a 4-year degree from a regionally accredited college with less than one year of experience in contract management,
- Buyers and sellers with at least one year of contract management experience without a regionally accredited 4-year degree,
- Buyers interested in understanding how their actions impact sellers and sellers interested in understanding how their actions impact buyers, and
- Anyone interested in understanding the foundational aspects of the contract life cycle.
Benefits of Earning the CCMA™ Certification:
- It sets you apart from others in your profession.
- It helps you achieve your professional goals.
- It shows that you are committed to maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- A Bachelor’s Degree OR one year of work experience in the contract management or related field.
- A minimum of 40 hours of CPE/CLP (see our Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Guide for details).
Application Process & Fees:
Sign up to be notified when the application is available. Complete the contact form. Once applications are accepted, interested parties should complete and submit the online application along with:
- Your college/university transcripts, as applicable.
- Your work experience (CV, resume, or employer records), as applicable.
- Proof of at least 40 CPE/CLP hours.
- Your application fee ($90 for NCMA members and $190 for nonmembers).
Once you have completed and submitted your application, the Certification Department will have everything formally reviewed within 15 business days. If approved, you will have one year and three attempts to pass your exam.
Exam Process & Fees:
Your test will be scheduled through Kryterion, NCMA’s testing provider. You will be able to select the date, time, and testing location based on your zip code. The exam fee is $125 in the U.S. & Canada and $150 internationally. If additional
attempts are required, each retest will incur an additional $125 or $150 exam fee.
Reschedule requests made within 72 hours of an exam will result in a $100 (domestic) and $130 (international) fee.
Immediately upon certification, the 3-year recertification cycle starts. To continue to hold the CCMATM in good standing, you are required to earn forty (40) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) and recertify by December 31 following three (3) full years of certification. Additionally, in every even numbered recertification cycle, certificants must pass the exam again.
NCMA top leadership ensures that NCMA is operated in a manner to safeguard objectivity and impartiality in delivering its certification program in a non-discriminatory manner. Access Impartiality Statement.