Cost and Pricing Fundamentals - Fall 2023
Come prepared to participate in this interactive certificate course full of contextualized instruction and hands-on problem solving! You’ll finish with a toolkit to supplement your day-to-day work and expanded knowledge in cost, pricing, and proposals. Multi-Day | Live Virtual Training | 10.0 CPE/CLP | $936 member | $1194 non-member
This course provides a valuable overview of the unique complexities of developing price proposals in the U.S. Federal contracting market. Whether you are new to contracting or a pricing expert, this certificate course will provide an engaging and accessible space to learn the basics of cost principles, fair and reasonable pricing, cost and pricing data, cost and price analysis, related regulatory requirements and more. While geared toward sellers preparing cost proposals, this course offers valuable across-the-table perspective for buyers to understand seller incentives and for sellers to catch a glimpse into how their prices will be reviewed.
Come prepared to participate in this interactive certificate course full of contextualized instruction and hands-on problem solving! You’ll finish with a toolkit to supplement your day-to-day work and expanded knowledge in cost, pricing, and proposals.
The program takes place over four days for 2.5 hours each day on Zoom. At the end of the program, you will receive a certificate of completion and a digital badge you can share on LinkedIn and elsewhere.? Attendance at all four sessions is required to receive the Certificate of Completion and the digital badge.
- Sellers and businesses looking to sell to the U.S. Federal Government and/or prime contractors.
- Buyers seeking to understand seller perspectives and how prices are developed. ?
- Current or prospective contracting professionals working in government and industry seeking hands-on exploration of cost and pricing concepts, tools, and techniques.
- New or prospective contract management professionals and students
- Anyone seeking to build practical knowledge of the fundamentals of cost and pricing in the U.S. Federal contracting environment.
- Monday, December 4th - Thursday, December 7th
- Time: 2:00 PM - 4:30 PM each day
- NOTICE: This is a 4-day virtual event and you must attend all days to receive credit
Topics and related activities over four sessions will include:
- Cost vs. Price
- CAS Requirements
- Regulatory Compliance
- Regulatory Environment
- Price Analysis Processes
- Data Requirements
- Cost Proposal Development Models
- Cost Proposal Review Models
- Market Research
- Competition Pricing Analysis
- Historical Pricing Analysis
- Proposal Adequacy Checklist
- Parametric Pricing Analysis
- Independent Estimate Price Analysis
- Certified Cost or Pricing Data
- Proposal Analysis Process
- Economic price adjustments
- Requests for equitable adjustments and Termination Proposals
- $936 member / $1194 non-member
- This training is conducted through My Virtual Training and presented via Zoom.
- To have all the zoom features available during the live virtual training, we recommend using the most up-to-date version of Zoom for your system.
- System Requirements can be found here.