Service Contract Act Compliance Challenges
Examine practical strategies to help avoid SCA pitfalls when implementing COVID-related leave and payment policies. | Self-Paced | Webinar | Intermediate | 90 minutes | 1.5 CPE/CLP | $55 member/$69 non-member
Recorded on 02/10/2022
If Service Contract Act (SCA) compliance wasn’t tricky enough already, federal and state programs providing for COVID-related leave and payments have raised unique SCA compliance concerns. In a time of uncertainty, the last thing government contractors need is to take an action that could precipitate a Department of Labor (DOL) investigation or client scrutiny. Watch PilieroMazza’s Nichole Atallah and Sarah Nash as they examine practical strategies to help avoid SCA pitfalls when implementing COVID-related leave and payment policies.
- Recognize the correlation between remote work and the SCA
- Discuss the impact of emergency sick leave on SCA compliance
- Review the concept of vacation payouts for furloughed personnel
- Evaluate DOL audit risk and exposure
Intended Audience: Government Contract Buyers and Sellers
- 3.4 - Regulatory Compliance
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate
Intended Audience: Government contract buyers and sellers
Presenters: Click here to read bios.
- Nichole D. Atallah, Partner, PilleroMazza
- Sarah Nash, Partner, PilleroMazza
$55 member/$69 non-member. To register a group, email [email protected] with the company name, webinar date, and number of attendees.