January 19 and February 9
The February 2 pre-conference seminar has been cancelled.
|8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Pre-Conference Seminar: "Leadership: Building High-Performance Buying and Selling Teams"|
This new highly interactive one-day seminar offers buying and selling business professionals from both the public and private business sectors the opportunity to improve their leadership skills. This informative and exciting new NCMA National Education Seminar (NES) is based upon a new book written by two highly respected, experienced, and successful business leaders-Gregory A. Garrett and William C. Pursch. Every seminar attendee will receive a copy of their new book, Leadership: Building High Performance Buying and Selling Teams, published by NCMA.
Continuing Education Hours - 7
|5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Leadership Forum|
Join a panel of contract management senior executives for informal, moderated discussions of leadership. Want to know what's happening in our profession? Want to know how to get to the top? Come to the Leadership Forum and hear from the people who lead the contracts and procurement profession.
|6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||Welcome and Networking Reception|
January 20, February 3, and February 10
|7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Networking Breakfast|
|8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.||Focus on the Profession|
Learn about developments in the world of contracts and procurement, what NCMA is doing about them, and what the chapter can do to serve the emerging needs of its members.
Reuter Presentation Vincent Presentation
|9:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m.||Volunteer Management|
Chapters continue to struggle with recruiting, managing, and retaining volunteers. This session will address volunteer management best practices, with knowledge from the association profession, and how chapters can apply these practices to improve their performance.
Volunteer Management Presentation
|10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||Networking Break|
|11:00 a.m. - Noon||Marketing: How to Gain Management's Support for NCMA|
Volunteer and member participation is dependent upon the support of their management. Learn how to present your chapter's value proposition to your employer and to other organizations in your area, to increase volunteerism and membership.
|Noon - 1:30 p.m.||Lunch, Guest Speaker, and Awards Presentations|
Lunch Presentation (Annapolis)
|1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Program Development: Innovative Ideas for Building Education Programs|
Member learning needs and preferences, working conditions, and technology access and skills continue to evolve, making it ever more challenging for chapters to provide quality educational services to their members. This session will provide 10 innovative ideas for delivering educational programs, ensuring your chapter remains relevant to your members.
Program Development Presentation
|2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Networking Break|
|3:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.||Breakout Sessions|
|4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Open Forum with NCMA Leaders and Program Speakers|
Continuing Education Hours - 7.2
- Deidre Lee, Deputy Director for Operations and Chief Acquisition Officer, FEMA
- Steven Schooner, Professor of Law, George Washington University Law School
- Stan Soloway, President, Professional Services Council
- Bob Drewes, President, L-3 Communications Integrated Systems
- Dan Jacobs, Chairman and CEO, The Federal Market Group
- Susan Coté, Vice President, Corporate Contracts and Pricing, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Charlie Chadwick, Vice President, Contracts and Business Conduct, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Tom Wells, Director of Contracting, Headquarters Air Force Material Command
- Steve Ayers, Senior Vice President for Contracts and Procurement, SAIC
- David Drabkin, General Services Administration
- David Kuckelman, Vice President and General Counsel-North America, Smiths Group
- Paul Robert, Associate General Counsel & Director, Contracts and Compliance, United Technologies Corporation
- Brent Armstrong, Vice President, Energy, Environment and Health Services, EG&G Technical Services, Inc., A Division of URS
- Harry Gatanas, Executive Vice President, SI International Strategic Programs Group
- Cathy Garman, Senior Vice President for Public Policy, Contract Services Association
- Gary L. Poleskey, Vice President, Dayton Aerospace Inc.
- Vic Avetissian, Corporate Director, Government Acquisition Initiative, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Charles Rumbaugh, Arbitrator, Private Judge, Mediator and ADR Consultant
- Bill Kaplan, Chief Knowledge Officer, Acquisition Solutions, Inc.
- Gary Zura, Deputy for Contracts and Policy, Sandia Corporation
- Tom Kelkis, Senior Manager, Contracts, BAE Systems, Inc.
- Alan Dickson, Attorney, Epstein Becker & Green
Discuss This Topic