Topic: International Contracting
Original Air Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Program Code: 170037
This webinar will cover key export control considerations for parties working under US government contracts. As a contractor to the US government, you still need to ensure compliance with US export controls. This program will provide an overview of the two main sets of US export controls: the Export Administration Regulations and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It will also identify some common misconceptions and potential concerns regarding export controls that arise under government contracts. Finally, the webinar will highlight some recent developments in the US government's effort to reform its export controls and how those reform efforts may impact your business activities.
Missed the live event? Watch a snippet directly from the presentation!
- Overview of US export controls
- What is subject to controls?
- Determining which agency has jurisdiction?
- Deemed exports and technology transfers
- Overlap with government contracts
- Can a COTS or Commercial item still be subject to the ITAR
- Export control compliance flow down requirements
- What to do when the US DoD or other US government agency tells you to export
- Why it matters who is in the room in addition to your US government customer if you are sharing technical information
- Recent developments in export control reform efforts
- Possible moves of items from ITAR to EAR controls
- New ITAR dual/third country national rule
- New export control certification in Form 1-129 for non-US person workers
- Changing definitions under EAR and ITAR
Susan M.C. Kovarovics, Byran Cave LLC
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern Time. Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
Select webinars on demand are available at discount rates; see our online store.
Technical Requirements and File Access
The recordings are in audio sync-to-slide format and include presentations slides and certificate. Files must be downloaded from the "My Downloads" section of your NCMA online account.
Need More Information? Contact email@example.com.