Contract Risk Framework for Program Success
Topic: Risk Management
Original Air Date: Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Program Code: 170059
This webinar provides guidance to federal program managers and their staffs on what they should consider to ensure their program's acquisition strategy minimizes risk, and offers the best possible chance of success - meeting cost, schedule, and mission-driven performance objectives.
Selection of the appropriate contract type is one consideration, but there are several others that get the procurement headed in the right direction from the start.
Missed the live event? Watch a snippet directly from the presentation!
- The strengths and limitations of each contract type;
- The importance of the distribution of risk across each type;
- How to determine the rigor of the Basis of Estimate and why that understanding is critical to mission success; and
- Appropriate links between each of these considerations and the nature of the technical work at hand.
Senior Cost Analyst
Mr. Cincotta is a Technomics senior cost analyst with over 15 years of experience in cost research, applied estimating, database creation/programming/maintenance, risk and uncertainty analysis, ACE-IT expertise, and project leadership. A Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis (SCEA) Certified Cost Estimator/Analyst (CCEA), Mr. Cincotta has a long history of thought leadership in the cost community. He is a frequent presenter at both the annual SCEA conference and the annual Department of Defense Cost Analysis Symposium (DoDCAS). He is currently the SCEA National Training Chair.
Ms. Craig is a Technomics cost analyst with over two years’ experience performing life cycle cost analysis, cost research, modeling and simulation, data analysis, and database development related to a variety of high technology systems including space systems, telecommunications systems, missiles and munitions, electronics and aircraft. Ms. Craig is a SCEA Professional Cost Estimator/Analyst (PCEA).
In the past, Mr. Cinocotta and Ms. Craig have co-instructed SCEA's Contract Pricing class to audiences composed of Government and Industry representatives
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern Time. Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
Select webinars on demand are available at discount rates; see our online store.
Technical Requirements and File Access
The recordings are in audio sync-to-slide format and include presentations slides and certificate. Files must be downloaded from the "My Downloads" section of your NCMA online account.
Need More Information? Contact email@example.com.