Join us for a live, interactive webinar that you can participate in from your office.
Market Research for Small Business in a Time of Limited Interaction
Program Code: 170093
Seminar Date: Thursday, January 16, 2014
Start Time: 12:00 PM EST
Registration fee: $189.00
With fewer opportunities for information exchange between government and industry, how can small businesses position themselves to both understand and be recognized by their potential government customers during the market research phase? This seminar examines the intersection between government market research and the realities of market research and development that are necessary for government contractors. We’ll look at the purpose of government market research, ways to segment potential markets, and how to develop real-world customer relationships.
This program will provide insider insight from a former long-time government contract administrator, as well as practical tools successfully used by a business development executive. They will take questions and provide advice on your unique concerns.
Participants will learn about:
- Government market research:
- What the Federal Acquisition Regulation says,
- The government's stated purpose for research, and
- How companies can participate;
- Doing market research on a budget:
- Examining publicly available documents to help define the market, and
- Discussing commercially available tools to identify potential opportunities; and
- Marketing to the government:
- The textbook definition;
- Barriers to relationship development, and
- Techniques to achieve levels of understanding and intimacy without actually meeting with the customer.
This fast-paced webinar will address the above issues and more while giving you the opportunity to ask our experts for advice about your unique concerns.
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (Eastern). Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
NCMA’s webinars are live, 90-minute online educational events combining real-time presentation with telephone conferencing. Each month, NCMA presents timely topics drawn from both the government and commercial contracting arenas, given by subject-matter experts. Instructors use prepared presentation slides that are available for viewing during the live session. The typical format of the program includes 60 minutes of instructor(s) presentation, followed by a 30-minute Q&A period. To access the live session, you will need a touch-tone phone, preferably with speakerphone accessibility, and a computer with internet connectivity; VOIP is not available for this event.
Live sessions are held online from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern on a designated workday.
Participants earn 1.5 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
For one low fee per seminar, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen and participate at each site. Seminar prices are $189 per site. A site is defined a single phone line and Internet connection.
Online registration is available for all listed webinars. Click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend for instructions. Each registered site is provided with login instructions and access codes to allow entrance to the webinar website. Registration closes two hours prior to the event start time.
Webinars are presented via WebEx services. To ensure that your site location can operate with WebEx, test Webex’s Join Site Meeting, found here: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. VOIP is not available for these events.
Need More Information?