Join us for a live, interactive webinar that you can participate in from your office.
Capability Statements: The View from Both Sides of the Table - Evaluating and Creating Capability Statements
Program Code: 170070
Seminar Date: Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Start Time: 12:00 PM EST
Registration fee: $189.00
Capability Statements are now required documents in the federal marketplace and serve a number of purposes. However, very few contractors know how to create an effective document and government personnel are subsequently buried by generic capability statements, making it very difficult to quickly evaluate and select those that fit specific needs.
Who should attend:
- Contractors: business development, project managers, capture managers, and sales and support staff
- Government personnel: contracting and acquisition, small business, and program managers;
Missed the live event? Watch a snippet directly from the presentation!
Participants will learn about:
- The five key elements required for effective marketing capability statement;
- The exact content and format of past performance;
- Differentiator and core competencies sections;
- Company data elements to include and prioritizing the content to meet the page limit; and,
- Grading system that allows government personnel to quickly review and evaluate the vendors capability statement relating to specific projects.
- Recommendations for an easy use grading system that allows government personnel to quickly review and evalute the vendor's capability statements;
- Checklist to assist in quickly and efficiently determining if the vendor included:
- Core competencies;
- Related past performance;
- Appropriate differentiators; and
- Pertinent company data
- How to evaluate a Capability Statement at a glance and what recommendations to offer for improvement.
This fast-paced webinar will address the above issues and more while giving you the opportunity to ask our experts for advice about your unique concerns.
Gloria Berthold Larkin
Gloria Berthold Larkin is the president of TargetGov, which focuses on government procurement and related business development and marketing services, including creating effective capability statements; successful minority certification; contract development (IDIQs, GSA Schedules, etc.); business development; proposal management and development; contract administration; and expert federal contracting services. Larkin is the author of The Basic Guide to Government Contracting: How to Sell Your Services and Products to the U.S. Federal Government and The Veterans Business Guide: How to Build a Successful Government Contracting Business. She is an expert on government contracting and business development and has had articles published in local, regional, national, and international publications. She is the creator of the Government Contracting Institute for Howard County Economic Development Authority. Recently, she was interviewed on MSNBC and quoted in The Wall Street Journal, Inc.com, TheStreet.com, USAToday, and Inc. magazine.
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (Eastern). Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
NCMA’s webinars are live, 90-minute online educational events combining real-time presentation with telephone conferencing. Each month, NCMA presents timely topics drawn from both the government and commercial contracting arenas, given by subject-matter experts. Instructors use prepared presentation slides that are available for viewing during the live session. The typical format of the program includes 60 minutes of instructor(s) presentation, followed by a 30-minute Q&A period. To access the live session, you will need a touch-tone phone, preferably with speakerphone accessibility, and a computer with internet connectivity; VOIP is not available for this event.
Live sessions are held online from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern on a designated workday.
Participants earn 1.5 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
For one low fee per seminar, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen and participate at each site. Seminar prices are $189 per site. A site is defined a single phone line and Internet connection.
Online registration is available for all listed webinars. Click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend for instructions. Each registered site is provided with login instructions and access codes to allow entrance to the webinar website. Registration closes two hours prior to the event start time.
Webinars are presented via WebEx services. To ensure that your site location can operate with WebEx, test Webex’s Join Site Meeting, found here: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. VOIP is not available for these events.
Need More Information?