Join us for a live, interactive webinar that you can participate in from your office.
The Intent and Expectations of DoD’s Newly Released Interim DoDI 5000.02
Program Code: 170096
Seminar Date: Thursday, January 23, 2014
Start Time: 12:00 PM EST
Registration fee: $189.00
On November 25, 2013, the undersecretary of defense (acquisition, technology, and logistics) released an interim revision of the Department of Defense Instruction (DODI) 5000.02, "The Operation of the Defense Acquisition System." This is the first revision in the Instruction since 2008 and represents a renewed emphasis on tailoring the process based on the unique aspects of the program, and also on gaining early understanding of the key program requirements and the maturity of the key supporting technologies. The revision further formally integrates key elements of the "Better Buying Power" initiatives. Overall, the theme of the revised Instruction is to provide a structure for improving the efficiency and productivity of defense spending.
Participants will learn about:
- Recognize the intent of the newly formalized “requirements decision point” for validating the “capabilities development document,” and for the “development request for proposals release decision”;
- Understand the rationale for the restructuring of the Instruction to provide detailed discussion of the steps and decision points in the main body, then provide details specific to key aspects of the acquisition or the specialized type of product;
- Become familiar with the product-specific “tailored acquisition models” and recognize how the various models align with the key aspects of the product or capability to be developed, acquired, and supported;
- Understand the significance and key elements of the new enclosures dedicated to:
- Life-cycle sustainment planning,
- Affordability analysis and investment constraints, and
- Rapid acquisition of urgent needs;
- Be able to identify and discuss the potential impacts, at the program manager level, of implementing the revised Instruction; and
- Discuss further the potential for changes and revisions as this interim Instruction continues to evolve and as the Department of Defense collaborates with congressional leaders on further streamlining possibilities.
This fast-paced webinar will address the above issues and more while giving you the opportunity to ask our experts for advice about your unique concerns.
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (Eastern). Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
NCMA’s webinars are live, 90-minute online educational events combining real-time presentation with telephone conferencing. Each month, NCMA presents timely topics drawn from both the government and commercial contracting arenas, given by subject-matter experts. Instructors use prepared presentation slides that are available for viewing during the live session. The typical format of the program includes 60 minutes of instructor(s) presentation, followed by a 30-minute Q&A period. To access the live session, you will need a touch-tone phone, preferably with speakerphone accessibility, and a computer with internet connectivity; VOIP is not available for this event.
Live sessions are held online from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern on a designated workday.
Participants earn 1.5 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
For one low fee per seminar, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen and participate at each site. Seminar prices are $189 per site. A site is defined a single phone line and Internet connection.
Online registration is available for all listed webinars. Click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend for instructions. Each registered site is provided with login instructions and access codes to allow entrance to the webinar website. Registration closes two hours prior to the event start time.
Webinars are presented via WebEx services. To ensure that your site location can operate with WebEx, test Webex’s Join Site Meeting, found here: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. VOIP is not available for these events.
Need More Information?