Join us for a live, interactive webinar that you can participate in from your office.
The SBA's Mentor-Protégé Program
Program Code: 170097
Seminar Date: Thursday, February 20, 2014
Start Time: 12:00 PM EST
Registration fee: $150.00
The Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Mentor-Protégé Program provides Section 8(a) small businesses (and likely in the future other qualified small businesses) a unique opportunity to compete for set-aside federal government contracts in partnership with large businesses. The statutes and rules governing participation in this program, from Mentor-Protégé eligibility to joint venture development to contract performance issues, are complex and not always considered a model of clarity.
Participants will learn about:
- The basic structure and regulatory requirements governing Mentor-Protégé programs under the SBA as well as other procuring agencies;
- How this program can benefit your company;
- Eligibility requirements for participation as a Mentor and Protégé and the roles of each;
- The Do’s and Don’ts of applying for and maintaining Mentor-Protégé status;
- Creation and maintenance of separate entities or joint ventures between the Mentor and Protégé;
- The exception from the SBA’s prohibition against “affiliation” between Mentor and Protégé and common myths related to the affiliation rules;
- Avoiding size protests challenging a Mentor-Protégé status;
- Limits on what large Mentor firms can and cannot do, and what small Protégé firms should and should not do, in connection with this program; and
- How to apply your compliance program to Mentor-Protégé issues.
Want to preview this webinar? Watch the snippet below to hear directly from our presenters!
For optimum viewing please use IE10, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox
This fast-paced webinar will address the above issues and more while giving you the opportunity to ask our experts for advice about your unique concerns.
Purchase this Webinar on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm (Eastern). Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
NCMA’s webinars are live, 90-minute online educational events combining real-time presentation with telephone conferencing. Each month, NCMA presents timely topics drawn from both the government and commercial contracting arenas, given by subject-matter experts. Instructors use prepared presentation slides that are available for viewing during the live session. The typical format of the program includes 60 minutes of instructor(s) presentation, followed by a 30-minute Q&A period. To access the live session, you will need a touch-tone phone, preferably with speakerphone accessibility, and a computer with internet connectivity; VOIP is not available for this event.
Live sessions are held online from noon to 1:30 pm Eastern on a designated workday.
Participants earn 1.5 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
For one low fee per seminar, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen and participate at each site. Seminar prices are $189 per site. A site is defined a single phone line and Internet connection.
Online registration is available for all listed webinars. Click on the title of the webinar you wish to attend for instructions. Each registered site is provided with login instructions and access codes to allow entrance to the webinar website. Registration closes two hours prior to the event start time.
Webinars are presented via WebEx services. To ensure that your site location can operate with WebEx, test Webex’s Join Site Meeting, found here: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. VOIP is not available for these events.
Need More Information?