Audits Virtual Conference 2014
Original Air Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Over the past 18 months, the competition for government contracts has increased while opportunities have decreased. An often overlooked area (until it’s too late), yet absolutely vital to contractor success, concerns working through the government contract compliance process. Managing audits, reviews, and other oversight will result in positive risk and business management for your organization. Each review can build upon the next to create a customer reputation and corporate management culture that is enhanced over time. Whether it be pre-award and cost-incurred audits, technical reviews, purchase system reviews, or other program or oversight mechanisms, this virtual learning event will provide you with the tools you need to turn compliance requirements into business success.
Join a roster of experts assembled by NCMA during this four-hour event as they help you not just “get you through” your audit, but help you implement a business strategy to build upon those reviews for program, as well as company, success. You will hear everything you need to create a culture and strategy that aligns company goals with government or customer requirements.
- How the audit process works.
- An overview of the do’s and don’ts of the audit purpose and process.
- Policies and objectives surrounding audit compliance.
- Avoiding most concerns arising within audits.
- Procedural processes and techniques for proper analysis and response to audit findings.
Effective Business and Cost Competitive Strategies
- How to move company cost elements such as direct and indirect rates lower to win awards and meet customer and contractor objectives.
- Aligning company audit objectives with business development goals.
- Incorporating effective business strategies into daily corporate activities.
- Managing direct and indirect cost pools (overheads, labor, material, general and administrative) so that rates compete well and execute successfully.
Audit Management Tips that Keep Programs on Schedule
- Effective engagement with auditors.
- Proper planning and communication.
- Methods to move your review quickly through any audit backlogs.
- How to prepare and be ready beforehand for your audit to minimize delays.
- How to ensure the audit is completed with minimal recommendations and follow-up.
- Building trust and a relationship with all your customers, including the auditor.
- Understanding the assist audit process and protecting proprietary information.
- The “ABCs” of contractor purchasing system reviews.
- Develop a subcontract/vendor management program to ensure integration of high-quality government deliverables at competitive cost.
- Developing relationships and basic supply chain techniques into an effective prime/subcontractor/DCMA/DCAA team.
David S. Black, Partner, Holland & Knight
Jamie Sybert, Director, Baker Tilly, LLP
Robert E. Jones, Contracts Manager, Pole Zero Corporation
Steven M. Masiello, Partner, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
Tyson Bareis, Associate, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
Jeffery A. White, President/CEO, J.A. White & Associates
Purchase this Virtual Conference on Demand
- ONLINE: Please click on the following link to Purchase Recording.
- BY PHONE: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday–Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern Time. Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
What are virtual conferences on demand, and how do they work?
Virtual Conferences on Demand (VCoD) are recorded virtual conferences converted into digital file format and offer a convenient learning opportunity. Presentation materials are included as PDF documents.
Participants earn 4 continuing professional education (CPE) hours.
Contact email@example.com for additional information.