NCMA Webinars FAQs
In today's fast paced world, it's difficult to keep up with all the changes. You have very little time outside of the workday to keep current on all the issues. Let us help!
What are webinars?
NCMA webinars are 90-minute live presentations on the various issues that face those in the contracting community. These seminars are much like the typical face-to-face seminars that one might hold with a speaker in a conference meeting room. The presentation is viewed online and the audio is delivered over telephone conference line. Participants earn 1.5 CPEs.
What are the advantages?
- The savings are significant - no travel time or hassle and no travel expense,
- Training dollars are greatly reduced as each site can have an unlimited number of participants for one small registration fee,
- It is easy and hugely convenient to train your entire staff! There are no onsite logistics to mange and meeting expenses such as catering or room blocks,
- Earn 1.5 CPE/CLPs (.15 CEUs) for each webinar,
- Get direct access to the experts that you would not otherwise have by participating in the live Q&A sessions at the end of each presentation,
- Get the timely, relevant information you and your staff need on current issues
How much do they cost?
For one low fee, there is no limit to the number of people that can listen in at each site. A site is defined as a single phone and Internet connection. Everyone can participate by registering as a live-participation site. For those who cannot participate in a live webinar, Webinars on Demand are available for purchase.
Live Participation - Registration fee is $189 per site.
Webinars on Demand -Digital downloads are available for purchase approximately two weeks after the live air date. Visit the online store for a current list of topics.
How can I register?
There are 4 easy ways to register.
- Online: Each webinar description has a direct link to a secure registration.
- By Phone: Call toll-free, 1-800-344-8096. Call Monday-Friday, 8:30AM to 5:00PM Eastern Time. Please mention the program title and code when registering. Payment may be made by credit card only.
- By Fax: 703-448-0939. View and print the registration form and send your registration via fax. Please include credit card information.
- By Mail: View and print the online registration form and mail it to:
21740 Beaumeade Circle, Suite 125
Ashburn, VA 20147
How does it work?
Webinars are conducted through the WebEx internet site along with telephone conferencing. Speakers use prepared presentation slides that are viewed during the one hour of live presentation and conclude with a 30-minute Q&A session.
How do I access the dial-in/web instructions for my site?
After you make your webinar purchase, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to from email@example.com. This e-mail will contain the event url and your site access numbers. The notification will be sent to you within 24 hours. Sharing of access codes is prohibited and may jeopardize your ability to access the live event.
If you do not receive the e-mail confirmation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I access the presentation materials for my site?
Presentation materials will be made available one day prior to the live event. Refer to your confirmation e-mail from WebEx and follow the url link to the event site. The 'Course Materials' section will provide you with the download links.
If you have not yet received your Registration Approval e-mail from WebEx, refer to the paragraph above on 'How do I access the dial-in/web instructions for my site?' Registration Approval e-mails are sent to the site within 24 hours after purchase is made.
Note: A current Java version is required to download the materials. We recommend that those using Mozilla Firefox, use Internet Explorer instead, when downloading the materials. If you are not able to use Internet Explorer, please update your Java version so that Mozilla Firefox recognizes the downloads.
Is there anything we need to do to participate in the Q&A session?
There are three methods to participate in the Q&A Session. Attendees may e-mail their questions, submit a written question in the Q&A panel within the webinar screen, or by using the "raise hand" icon to ask a question over the phone. Specific directions will be given at the beginning and end of each webinar on how to participate.
You must sync your telephone line to your web connection to enable your site to ask a live phone question. When dialing into the conference line, enter your access code followed by your attendee id number. These numbers will be made available to you after you access the event website. You may also click on the "Event Info" tab from within your event window to view your codes."
How can I ensure that my site will connect the webinar on the event date?
NCMA Webinars use WebEx services. To ensure that your site location can operate with WebEx, test WebEx's Join Site Meeting, found here: http://www.webex.com/lp/jointest.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
If you are unable to attend a webinar, you may cancel up to two days before the event to receive a full refund. No shows (or cancellations made after the start of the program) will forfeit the entire registration fee. Cancellations must be submitted email@example.com and allow 30 days for processing.