Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Boeing, Saab Team Up for USAF Trainer Bid — December 6, 2013
Boeing and Saab are teaming on a new design for the US Air Force’s trainer competition, the companies announced Friday.
- DoD Begins Cutting Staff Sizes, Will Reorganize Policy Office — December 5, 2013
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel put into action Wednesday plans to reduce his Defense Department staff by 20 percent.
- Hike in Contractor Exec Pay Draws Union Ire — December 5, 2013
A federal employee union chief is blasting a boost in contractor executive compensation.
- White House Makes Few Friends in Raising Contractor Pay Cap — December 5, 2013
In a memo quietly published in Wednesday’s Federal Register, the White House procurement chief instructed defense and civilian agency heads to raise the cap on taxpayer funds.
- US Universities, Industry Sound Alarm on Sequester's Toll on R&D — December 4, 2013
A broad coalition has joined to highlight one area that could have long-term consequences.
- BP Has Help Challenging Loss of Federal Contracts After Gulf Spill — December 3, 2013
Business and oil-industry groups are urging a federal court to overturn BP's suspension from receiving new government contracts, calling it a "disturbing" overreach that threatens other companies doing business with federal agencies.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.