Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- DoD Leader Raises an Eyebrow Over Proposed Acquisition Reforms — May 20, 2015
Both the House and Senate versions of this year's Defense authorization bill include numerous acquisition reform provisions.
- Contract Risk Management to Survive and Thrive in the 21st Century — May 19, 2015
he concept of risk management is not new, but what is changing is the perspective on its importance to an organization due to changes in technology, globalization, and increased regulations. So what does that mean for the contract manager?
- House Defense Bill Includes Acquisition Reform — May 15, 2015
A $612 billion defense authorization bill passed by the House on May 15 is “an initial step in a long-term effort to inject greater flexibility and accountability into the acquisition system,” according to a House Armed Services Committee summary of the legislation.
- SBA to Include Overseas Contracts in Rating Agencies — May 15, 2015
The Small Business Administration will begin to include overseas contracts as part of the baseline used to rate agency performance against small business contracting goals.
- Why Facebook’s Original Investors are Funding this Vendor for Fed Contractors — May 15, 2015
Accel Partners, the Silicon Valley venture capital firm most famous for funding Facebook in its early days, last week participated in a $20 million Series C round in a company called Govini, which has offices both in San Francisco and the District.
- 28 New GSA Tool Lets Agencies Compare Contract Labor Rates — May 14, 2015
The General Services Administration has launched a new tool to make it easier for agencies to figure out the hourly rates for various labor categories.
- NCMA Adds a GSA Discussion to World Congress 2015 — April 9, 2015
- 2015-2016 NCMA Board of Directors Announced — March 30, 2015
2015-2016 NCMA Board of Directors Announced
- NCMA Recognizes the 2014 Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — October 20, 2014
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014