Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- DoD Reshapes R&D, Betting on Future Technology — April 20, 2014
Overall, DoD wants to keep spending on RDT&E — research, development, test and evaluation — relatively close to the $63 billion the department will spend in 2014.
- Meet 18F, the GSA’s Bid to Change Federal IT - Tangherlini — April 20, 2014
It’s not exactly a tech start-up, though it might seem like one.
- 3 Myths That Cripple Acquisition: No. 1 Government Can Be Perfect — April 18, 2014
Government is held to a standard no industry, company or CEO must meet.
- If DoD Spending Levels Remain, $66B Modernization Cut Would Follow — April 16, 2014
The Pentagon’s planned five-year spending plan for procurement and research-and-development projects, set forth in its 2015 budget proposal, would be cut by $66 billion.
- Navy Accelerates NGEN Completion — April 15, 2014
After a contract-protest delay of more than three months temporarily halted progress on its Next Generation Enterprise Network, the Navy is declaring full speed ahead.
- Obama Management Chief Sees Opportunity to Build on Contracting Successes — April 15, 2014
“Every day, people inside government agencies and the contractor community are making real progress recruiting talent, buying smarter and making use of existing flexibility in the Federal Acquisition Regulation.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.