Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Check Out the GCMS Preview Show on Government Contracting Weekly — September 17, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "Preview of NCMA Government Contracting Management Symposium."
- First of its Kind Venture Capital Fund Pumps Millions into GovTech Startups — September 15, 2014
Over the past 15 months or so, a California-based venture capital fund has been quietly raising millions of dollars.
- Will Firing One Background Check Contractor Fix the Broken Security Clearance System? — September 15, 2014
Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., hailed OPM's decision to fire USIS, but critics said it could increase the clearance backlog again.
- DISA Kicks Off IT Contract to Support Cyber Command — September 12, 2014
The Defense Information Systems Agency launched yesterday what it described as the first omnibus contract.
- Agencies Show High Interest in Interior's $10B Cloud Contract — September 11, 2014
The Interior Department’s $10 billion cloud services contract is generating considerable interest.
- OPM Cancels Contract with USIS — September 11, 2014
The Office of Personnel Management plans to terminate its contracts with USIS.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”