Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Air Force Pins its Future on ‘Strategic Agility' — July 31, 2014
The Air Force's latest strategy document calls for a service that's more agile in just about everything it does. It also acknowledges it may take a few decades to achieve that.
- Contractor Ethics Rules Too Reactive, Compliance Focused, Experts Say — July 30, 2014
Improving acquisition compliance and ethics may involve less rule-making and more culture shaping, according to panelists at the National Contract Management Association's World Congress conference.
- If You Want to Succeed, Be Willing to Fail — July 30, 2014
Agencies must work harder to foster innovation and risk-taking in their acquisition process and contractor workforces, according to agency procurement officials.
- Northrop CEO Wes Bush: Gov’t Acquisition Leaders Need Flexibility, Efficiency in Buying — July 30, 2014
Northrop Grumman CEO Wes Bush has urged acquisition officials to be more open to new ways of completing mission tasks.
- Northrop CEO: Government Officials Should Have the Flexibility to Get the Job Done — July 29, 2014
The key to more efficient government buying lies in giving federal workers greater freedom to make smart decisions.
- Contractors Group Would Restructure White House Procurement Shop — July 28, 2014
“We need to fundamentally rethink the workforce, to create a unified vision across government,” said Stan Soloway, president and CEO of the Professional Services Council.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”