Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Federal Relocation Costs and Auction Revenues — May 22, 2013
Some federal agencies underestimated the costs to relocate communication systems from the 1710-1755 megahertz band, although auction revenues appear to exceed relocation costs by over $5 billion.
- Here Comes Sequester: Part 2 — May 22, 2013
An unwelcome sequel is scheduled for January release and it’s titled Sequester: Part 2.
- Amazon Web Services Gets Government Approval for Federal Cloud — May 21, 2013
Amazon announced Monday that its Amazon Web Services cloud can now be used for government business, having received a nod from the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program.
- Old Friends Were at Center of a Network of Public Contracts — May 21, 2013
Arl Williams and Clarence Brown became fast friends more than 25 years ago when they lived and worked in Durham, N.C.
- Raytheon is in the Hunt for a $3b Space Project — May 21, 2013
Even as spending is cut across the military, the final stage of a battle over billions of defense dollars is taking place at Hanscom Air Force Base in Bedford, where Waltham-based Raytheon and Maryland’s Lockheed Martin are locked in a competition to build a first-of-its-kind “Space Fence” to track orbital junk.
- VanRoekel to Lead OMB's Management Team — May 21, 2013
Steven VanRoekel will lead the Office of Management and Budget’s management team, following the departure of OMB’s No. 2 official this month.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.
- NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference to be held in Washington, DC! — August 27, 2012
More than 1,000 contracting, acquisition, and procurement professionals from both government and industry will gather in Washington, DC, for NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC).