Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Army Will Spend up to $7.2 billion on Consolidation of its Intelligence Contracts — September 29, 2014
The Army's Intelligence and National Security Command made awards to 21 firms under an indefinite-delivery contract.
- Better Buying Power 3.0 Doesn't Mention LPTA Contracts, But DoD Says it Remains ‘Aware' of Industry Concerns — September 29, 2014
Careful observers of last week's rollout of Better Buying Power 3.0 - the "technological superiority" edition of the Pentagon's ongoing acquisition improvement program - will have noticed that there was no mention this time around of Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) contracts.
- Procurement Round Table Welcomes Michael Fischetti — September 29, 2014
Congratulations to NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti who was recently nominated and welcomed into the Procurement Round Table (PRT). The PRT is a nonprofit organization chartered in 1984 by former federal acquisition officials concerned about the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of the federal acquisition system.
- India To Push Joint Weapons Development During US Visit — September 28, 2014
India’s leader will seek joint development of high-tech weaponry when he visits the White House on Sept. 30.
- Meet the Zumwalt: The US Navy's Stealth Destroyer Will Go to Sea Next Spring — September 28, 2014
The ship is plainly visible from Front Street, across the Route 1 bridge in downtown Bath.
- Buying Coffee vs. Visualizing the Life Cycle of Federal Spending — September 26, 2014
One of many tricky obstacles to making federal spending more transparent is that most people aren’t too familiar with how government spends money in the first place.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”