Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Government Contracting Weekly: Tune In on April 27, 2014 — April 24, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "The Cybersecurity Evaluation Factor."
- Open Dialogue on Improving Federal Procurement — April 24, 2014
The Chief Acquisition Officers Council (CAOC), in coordination with the Federal Acquisition Regulatory Council (FAR Council), the Chief Information Officers Council (CIOC), the General Services Administration (GSA) and the Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), is conducting an open dialogue to discuss improvements to the federal acquisition process.
- GSA's New Contracting Policy Tackles IG's Concerns About Management Interference — April 23, 2014
The General Services Administration is attempting to clarify to managers and vendors alike the proper approach to overseeing the schedules program.
- Budget Cuts Bring 11 Percent Decline in Contract Spending for 2013 — April 22, 2014
The sequester, the winding down of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and overall budget cuts produced an 11 percent decline in federal contract spending in fiscal 2013.
- DoD Details Planned Cuts If Budget Caps Remain — April 22, 2014
The Pentagon has laid out plans for how it would cut $66 billion in procurement and research-and-development projects between 2016 and 2019.
- Navy to Award Contract for Marine One Helicopter Fleet in Shadow of Previous Failure — April 22, 2014
The Navy has vowed to get it right this time, and it says it has taken many steps to ensure that the problems that plagued the program before — when the projected cost doubled to $13 billion — won’t be repeated.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.