Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Cloud Providers Settle with Feds for $75.5M — July 1, 2015
Two cloud service providers settled a claim with the federal government Tuesday, agreeing to pay $75.5 million for overcharging government customers for almost six years.
- OMB to ‘Tame’ Past Performance Data to Improve Grants Process — July 1, 2015
The government keeps fairly meticulous records on the past performance of contractors so that agencies can decide whether those firms should be trusted with future work. That’s not exactly the case with respect to the $600 billion in grant funding which leaves federal coffers each year, and the Office of Management and Budget would like to change that.
- Innovation is Primarily a People Issue — June 29, 2015
NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti tells In Depth with Francis Rose that government spends too much time thinking about process -- and not enough about people.
- Agencies Break Records Meeting Small Business Contracting Goals — June 26, 2015
Agency buyers met and exceeded their statutory goal of awarding 23 percent of contract dollars to small businesses in fiscal 2014, the Small Business Administration announced on Friday.
- OPM’s Watchdog to Look into Contract to Help Federal Workers After Big Hack — June 24, 2015
A federal watchdog testified Wednesday that his office would examine a $20 million contract to provide credit monitoring for federal employees affected by the agency’s massive cyberattack, citing concerns that the contract was awarded unusually quickly.
- Why Commercial Acquisition is Hard for Government — June 24, 2015
Read the latest Federal Times blog from NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti.
- NCMA to Host Diverse Keynote Lineup, 100+ Education Sessions — June 26, 2015
- NCMA Adds a GSA Discussion to World Congress 2015 — April 9, 2015
- 2015-2016 NCMA Board of Directors Announced — March 30, 2015
2015-2016 NCMA Board of Directors Announced
- NCMA Recognizes the 2014 Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — October 20, 2014
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014