Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Government Contracting Weekly: Tune In on March 16, 2014 — March 11, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "Mentoring for Increased Opportunities".
- DoD a Top Spender on GSA's Governmentwide Contracts — March 10, 2014
Nearly $1 billion has flowed through the General Services Administration’s governmmentwide contracts this year.
- Obamacare Cloud Contract Will End Up Costing 10 Times Its Original Value — March 10, 2014
The Obama administration has extended and roughly doubled the value of a contract with Verizon’s cloud division.
- Pentagon Tries Again on Cyber Intelligence-Sharing Contract — March 7, 2014
The Defense Department will recompete a $26 million contract.
- Sequestration Hit IT Contracts — March 7, 2014
The Government Accountability Office released a mammoth report on Thursday.
- CHESS moves: Commercial software contract slippage likely — March 6, 2014
The Army is moving forward with plans to award a multi-billion dollar, follow-on contract for commercial IT.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.