Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Continued Management Attention Needed to Enhance Use and Review of DOD's Inventory of Contracted Services — May 23, 2013
Over the past year and a half, the Department of Defense has taken steps to implement its plan to collect contractor manpower data directly from contractors and to develop and implement a department-wide system, based on the Army's existing system, to collect and store these and other inventory data.
- House Committee Plans Deep 2014 Spending Cuts — May 23, 2013
A new House Appropriations Committee plan proposes increasing defense spending next year by 5 percent and imposing severe cuts upon many non-Defense Department agencies, especially the Health and Human Services, Labor, Education and State departments.
- More Detailed Information about Its Jobs Calculation Methodology Could Improve Transparency — May 23, 2013
The U.S. Export-Import Bank's methodology to calculate the number of U.S. jobs associated with the exports it helps finance has four key steps.
- Navy's Analysis of Costs and Benefits Regarding Naval Station Mayport Demonstrated Some Best Practices and Minimally Addressed Other Requirements — May 23, 2013
The Navy's analysis of the costs and benefits of stationing additional DDG-51 class destroyers at Naval Station Mayport, Florida, demonstrated some applicable best practices for analyzing costs and benefits.
- Pentagon Sees Doubled Cost for Rocket Launch Program — May 23, 2013
The Pentagon on Thursday told Congress that a recent restructuring of its heavy rocket launch program to add 60 more launches and extend the schedule for a decade would more than double the program's projected cost to $70.7 billion.
- Pentagon: F-35 Program Costs Fell $4.5 Billion Last Year — May 23, 2013
The total price tag for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program fell $4.5 billion in 2012, according to a new government report.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.
- NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference to be held in Washington, DC! — August 27, 2012
More than 1,000 contracting, acquisition, and procurement professionals from both government and industry will gather in Washington, DC, for NCMA’s 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC).