Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Government Hackers Try to Crack HealthCare.gov — September 23, 2014
The government's own watchdogs tried to hack into HealthCare.gov.
- Introduction to GSA: Tune In 9/28 — September 23, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "Introduction to GSA."
- DHS Officials Tie Agency Future to Risk Management — September 22, 2014
The future of the Department of Homeland Security lies in moving beyond a one-size-fits-all approach to national security.
- GSA Asks Industry for Green Building Technology — September 22, 2014
The General Services Administration is asking industry for another round of environmentally friendly building technologies.
- Interview: Frank Kendall, US DoD Acquisition Chief — September 22, 2014
On Sept. 19 he unveiled the first draft of his Better Buying Power 3.0 initiative.
- Contracting Officers: Take a Look, It's in a Book — September 19, 2014
A bill to reform how the government buys and manages technology came up this week.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”