Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- GSA Predicts New Initiatives Will Light the Path Toward Better Governmentwide Acquisition — August 22, 2014
The General Services Administration's new vision for the Federal Acquisition Service is all about illuminating the art of the possible.
- DISA Weighs Contract Consolidation as Sequester Solution — August 21, 2014
The Defense Information Systems Agency is considering consolidating contracts.
- Hagel: Iraq Crisis May Require DoD To Rethink 2015 Budget — August 21, 2014
The Pentagon might have to retool its $555 billion 2015 budget proposal.
- White House to Agencies: Embrace Offbeat Methods for Buying Tech — August 21, 2014
White House to Agencies: Embrace Offbeat Methods for Buying Tech
- Winning Through Character: Tune In 8/24 — August 20, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "Winning Through Character."
- GSA, Air Force Team Up to Identify Cost-Effective Contracts — August 19, 2014
The General Services Administration and the Air Force will form a working group to identify enterprise-wide contracts.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”