Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Acquisition Reform: Tune In on June 27, 2014 — July 22, 2014
This episode of Government Contracting Weekly is titled: "Acquisition Reform."
- Embassies Get Phone System Upgrades Thanks to New $275M Contract — July 22, 2014
The State Department on Monday awarded a task order worth up to $275 million.
- Obama Signs Order Banning Discrimination of LGBT Contractors — July 21, 2014
President Obama has issued an executive order forbidding discrimination against GLBT contractor employees.
- What's Next for Acquisition? — July 21, 2014
Read the latest Federal Times blog from NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti.
- Congress tried to help small-business contractors. Here’s why it’s backfiring. — July 17, 2014
Nearly two years ago, Congress approved legislation meant to help small contractors.
- Congressmen Demand Answers from DHS Over New USIS Contract — July 17, 2014
Two congressional leaders want to know whether USIS' history was considered when the Homeland Security Department awarded the company a new contract.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”