Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Budget Agreement Eases Pentagon's Sequester Pain — December 11, 2013
The two-year budget agreement is a positive development for defense watchers.
- Pension Costs for New Feds Would Increase Under Budget Deal — December 10, 2013
New federal employees would pay more for their pensions under a two-year budget deal.
- UK To Establish Government Organization To Handle Defense Procurement, Support — December 10, 2013
The British Ministry of Defense has scrapped controversial plans to hand management of its $22.9 billion a year defense procurement effort to the private sector.
- Administration Decided on Obamacare Delay in August, Emails Reveal — December 9, 2013
Officials in the Obama administration had already decided they needed to delay new health insurance options for small businesses.
- Boeing, Saab Team Up for USAF Trainer Bid — December 6, 2013
Boeing and Saab are teaming on a new design for the US Air Force’s trainer competition, the companies announced Friday.
- DoD Begins Cutting Staff Sizes, Will Reorganize Policy Office — December 5, 2013
Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel put into action Wednesday plans to reduce his Defense Department staff by 20 percent.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Training Forum — January 30, 2013
NCMA’s 51st Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Training Forum has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41.
- GCMC: An Equal Number of Government and Industry Attendees—Unmatched Opportunity — October 2, 2012
Attendees of the 31st Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC) have an opportunity to hear from high-level government and industry officials while networking with equal numbers of other attendees from government and industry.