Professional and association news.
Contract Management News
- Compuware Agrees to $2.5 Billion Buyout — September 2, 2014
Compuware has agreed to sell itself to the private equity firm Thoma Bravo for about $2.5 billion, finally bowing out after years under pressure from the activist hedge fund Elliott Management.
- The 4th Quarter Scramble: Opportunities for Contractors? — September 2, 2014
This week on "Off the Shelf", Bill Gormley, president of the Gormley Group, Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst for Bloomberg Government, and Miguel Garrido, quantitative analyst for Bloomberg Government, dissect the end of fiscal year budget profile — who has funding and where it will be obligated!
- NGA Picks Leidos for Mapping Production — August 28, 2014
Leidos has been awarded a $20 million prime contract by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) to provide mapping production services.
- TAPE’s Louisa Long Jaffe Receives ‘Champion of Change’ Honor from White House — August 27, 2014
The White House has chosen Louisa Long Jaffe, CEO and president of Technical and Project Engineering LLC, as “Champion of Change.”
- The LA School iPad Scandal: What You Need To Know — August 27, 2014
A massive expansion of classroom technology has come to a grinding halt in Los Angeles.
- The Complications of Cost and Pricing — August 26, 2014
Read the latest Federal Times blog from NCMA Executive Director Michael Fischetti.
- NCMA Releases 2013 Annual Review of Government Contracting — June 12, 2014
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA's World Congress 2014 — April 24, 2014
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2014–2015 Program Year — March 31, 2014
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2014–2015 program year, which commences July 1, 2014. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2014 in Washington, DC, July 27–July 30, 2014.
- NCMA Recognizes the Top Professionals Under 40 in Contract Management — November 15, 2013
- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”