Sara Brown Joins NCMA Board of Directors for 2012–2013 Program Year
July 25, 2012
Contact: Correen Dingle
ASHBURN, VA—July 25, 2012—The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to welcome Sara Brown, CFCM, to the NCMA Board of Directors. Brown, along with the other members of the 2012–2013 Board of Directors, will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts, July 29–August 1, 2012. Brown was appointed to the vacant member-elected seat previously held by Michael Fischetti who was recently appointed NCMA Executive Director. Her appointment is per policy 5-12, National Election Policy (July 2012), of the Association Policy Manual and based on the recommendation of the Nominations and Elections Committee.
"It is with great pleasure that I announce the appointment of Mrs. Sara Brown, to NCMA’s Board of Directors,” said Elliott Branch, NCMA president. “Sara has been an active member of NCMA for a number of years and has served at both the chapter and national levels. As a young professional in the contract management profession she brings a unique perspective to the board."
NCMA is led by volunteer members who are elected officers. The NCMA Board of Directors is the association’s national governing body.
The 2012–2013 Board of Directors are:
• Elliott B. Branch, Fellow (President)
• Charles D. Chadwick, Fellow (Past President)
• Russell J. Blaine, CPCM (President-Elect)
• Michael P. Fischetti, CPCM, Fellow (Executive Director)
• John G. Horan, JD (General Counsel)
• Karl Bird, CPCM, Fellow (Director)
• Sara Brown, CFCM (Director)
• Po Collins, CPCM, C.P.M., Fellow (Director)
• Michelle M. Currier, CPCM, CFCM, Fellow (Director)
• Jan Frye (Director)
• Patricia G. Garcia (Director)
• Doris L. Gray, JD, CCCM, Fellow (Director)
• William S. Kaplan, CPCM, Fellow (Director)
• Rodney F. Matsushima, Fellow (Director)
• William (Bill) McNally, CPCM, Fellow (Director)
• Terry Raney, Ph.D. (Director)
• Rich H. Roellig, Fellow (Director)
• Kim Rupert, CPCM, CFCM (Director)
• Phil E. Salmeri, CPCM, Fellow (Director)
• Debra W. Scheider, CPCM (Director)
• Maj. Gen. Darryl A. Scott, USAF (Ret.) (Director)
• Larry Trowel (Director)
• Penny L. White, JD, Fellow (Director)
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA), founded in 1959, is the world's leading professional resource for those in the field of contract management. The organization, which has over 22,000 members, is dedicated to the professional growth and educational advancement of procurement and acquisition personnel worldwide. NCMA strives to serve and inform the profession it represents and to offer opportunities for the open exchange of ideas in neutral forums. To find more information on the association, please visit www.ncmahq.org.