- OPM Approves Federal Attendance to NCMA’s World Congress 2013 — May 20, 2013
NCMA’s World Congress 2013 has been approved by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) as training in compliance with 5 U.S.C. Chapter 41. OPM Acting Director Elaine Kaplan issued a memorandum on May 15, 2013, stating “the agenda supports the development and ability of contract management professionals to make sound business decisions.”
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2013–2014 Program Year — April 18, 2013
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2013–2014 program year, which commences July 1, 2013. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee, July 21–July 24, 2013.
- Sara Brown Joins NCMA Board of Directors for 2012–2013 Program Year — July 25, 2012
NCMA is pleased to welcome Sara Brown, CFCM, to the NCMA Board of Directors. Brown, along with the other members of the 2012–2013 Board of Directors, will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress 2012 in Boston, Massachusetts, July 29–August 1, 2012.
- NCMA Announces World Congress Virtual Conference! — June 13, 2012
NCMA has just released a virtual attendance option for World Congress 2012. The option comes as a response to the continued reduction to travel and training budgets of both government and industry.
- NCMA Certification: Experience Requirement Waived for DAU’s CON 090 Grads — March 28, 2012
ASHBURN, VA—March 28, 2012 – The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) announces its newly established arrangement with the Defense Acquisition University (DAU). The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), signed today, March 28, 2012, allows students that successfully complete DAU’s CON 090 the opportunity to apply for and take NCMA’s Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) Certification examination immediately after their DAU course of instruction is complete. Regardless of the CON 090 student’s length of service in the contracting profession, NCMA will waive the “one year of experience” requirement of the CFCM application.
- NCMA World Congress 2012 will be Held in Boston, MA! — March 27, 2012
More than 1,600 contracting, acquisition, and procurement professionals from both government and private industry will gather in Boston, Massachusetts, for the National Contract Management Association's (NCMA) World Congress 2012.
- Speakers Confirmed for 50th Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Conference — January 19, 2012
More than 300 contracting, acquisition, and procurement professionals from both government and private industry prepare to gather in Austin, Texas, for NCMA’s 50th Annual Aerospace + Defense Contract Management Conference (ADC). The conference will be held March 22–23, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency Austin and will feature several prominent speakers.
- NCMA Hosts a FREE Contract Management Career Fair — November 4, 2011
In celebration of the 30th Annual Government Contract Management Conference (GCMC), NCMA is hosting a free Contract Management Career Fair. This year’s career fair features over 20 highly sought-after organizations, such as the Army Contracting Command, CACI, the Central Intelligence Agency, the Department of Veteran Affairs, the General Services Administration, and Integrity Management Consulting, just to name a few.
- Free Contract Management Career Fair at World Congress — July 7, 2011
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is hosting a free Contract Management Career Fair in conjunction with World Congress 2011. The career fair will be held on Sunday, July 10, 2011, from 11:00am to 3:00pm, in rooms 709 and 711 at the Colorado Convention Center.
- NCMA Announces Virtual World Congress Option! — June 23, 2011
NCMA unveiled a virtual attendance option for World Congress, its largest annual conference. The option comes as a response for members with scheduling conflicts, or reduced travel budgets to hear the keynote speakers and general session panels.
- NCMA Announces Board of Directors for 2011–2012 Program Year — March 25, 2011
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is pleased to announce the NCMA Board of Directors for the 2011–2012 program year, which commences July 1, 2011. All members of the board will congregate for their first meeting during NCMA’s World Congress in Denver, Colorado, July 10–13, 2011.
- NCMA Announces Graduates of 2008–2009 — April 21, 2009
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) is proud to announce the graduates of its 2008–2009 Contract Management Leadership Development Program (CMLDP).
- GSA Submits $5.5 Billion Economic Recovery Plan to Congress — April 2, 2009
GSA has unveiled a $5.5 billion project list that highlights the unprecedented role the agency will play in assisting in the nation’s economic recovery and putting American citizens back to work. Projects are funded across the country, providing benefit for local and state economies, and every state should see at least one GSA project related to the Recovery Act.
- Analysis: Inside or Out — February 25, 2009
One of the greatest challenges the new administration faces is striking the right balance of civil servants and federal contractors. Recruiting the best and brightest is vital to improving the prestige of federal service. But will President Obama commit to hiring more civil servants?
- Checking on Contractors’ Work — September 16, 2008
Federal procurement executives soon might be able to get details about contractors’ past fines and penalties related to their federal work through a new database.
- Coalition To Address Government Procurement — September 16, 2008
Four major textile trade associations have formed a coalition to address ways to improve federal government procurement of textiles and textile end products ...
- Pentagon Down Plays Tanker Termination Fees — September 15, 2008
Isleib said the termination was for the government's convenience, "not for cause or default," an important distinction in the government-contracting world. ...
- NCMA Welcomes New Board of Directors for 2008-2009 Program Year — July 2, 2008
NCMA announced its new Board of Directors (BOD) for the 2008-2009 program year. The new members of the BOD were welcomed during an orientation at NCMA’s Leadership Summit, June 21 in San Diego, California. The new program year began July 1, 2008.
- NCMA Partners with KRYTERION to Improve Certification Testing — June 25, 2008
NCMA has partnered with KRYTERION to offer a better testing experience for its certification exams. NCMA’s certification program is designed to elevate professional standards, enhance individual performance, and distinguish those who demonstrate knowledge essential to the practice of contract management.
- NCMA and ESI International Present 2008 Contracting Award — May 21, 2008
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and ESI International presented the 2008 Contracting Award along with $2,500 each to two contracting professionals who have contributed significantly to acquisition operations and policy. Ruby Harvey, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Major Sean Hayes, U.S. Marine Corps, were honored during award ceremonies yesterday in the Washington, D.C. area.
- NCMA to Host Public Meeting on Proposed FAR Rule — May 20, 2008
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) will host a public meeting on Wednesday, May 21 at 1:00 PM, to discuss FAR Case 2007-17. The event is open to the public, and several leaders in the contract management profession have been invited.
- NCMA & BAE Systems Sign Memorandum of Understanding — April 14, 2008
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) today announced that it signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with BAE Systems on April 13 at NCMA’s World Congress 2008, in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- NCMA Contract Management Week Recognized by 50 State and Local Governments — April 9, 2008
The National Contract Management Association (NCMA) declares the week of April 13 to 19, 2008, as Contract Management Week in honor of the thousands of contracting and procurement professionals. The association announced today that 50 state and local governments from around the country have signed proclamations recognizing Contract Management Week.