Acquisition Leader Perspectives Webinar Series
A New Member-Only Benefit!
NCMA is excited to bring you this new benefit! This webinar series will highlight the views of high-level government and industry professionals to capture their perspective on acquisition. Each webinar, we will feature someone in a unique leadership capacity who can offer their views on where the industry is headed. More specifically, presenters will offer views on leadership style as it relates to their professional responsiblities, forecasting the future or lessons learned from the past.
These are live online events, available to NCMA members and are limited to the first 200 people who register.
Watch this page for announcements of future sessions!
Past Acquisition Leader Perspectives sessions:
Hiring, Developing, and Retaining our Millennial Teammates
NCMA invites you to join Jeff Birch, acting director of the Federal Acquisition Institute and Donna Jenkins, assistant commissioner of acquisition management at GSA's Federal Acquisition Service for their leadership perspectives on recruiting, developing, and retaining the millennial generation. After this one-hour webinar attendees will be able to:
- Identify millennial applicants and understand why it's important to hire them;
- Understand what motivates the millennial generation, leading to better performance; and
- Use practical tips for recruiting, developing, and retaining millennials.
Donna Jenkins, Assistant Commissioner for Acquisition, General Services Administration
Jeffrey Birch, Acting Director, Federal Acquisition Institute
Successfully Managing Your Career
Join NCMA and Nick Nayak for an informative presentation on careers in federal acquisitions. In one hour, participants will:
- explore one professional's journey in federal acquisitions;
- learn the keys to success in acquisitions; and
- obtain suggestions on how to manage their own careers.
Nick Nayak, Chief Procurement Officer, Department of Homeland Security
Creating a Positive Professional Image
Join NCMA's Bill Kaplan for an illuminating discussion of image, professional culture, and audience, and how to best manage these factors to present yourself in the best possible way. In this thirty-minute presentation, participants will:
- recognize what professional image is and what factors affect it;
- discover impression management and its potential benefits on their careers; and
- take new steps to identify and manage the ideal professional image.
Bill Kaplan, CPCM, NCMA Fellow, NCMA Board of Directors
Want to access past ALP sessions?
NCMA members can sign in here and view recordings from past Acquisition Leader Perspectives sessions.