Performance-Based Acquisition Community
Welcome to the Performance-Based Acquisition Community page of the NCMAHQ website. This is the central location where individuals working on this common type of contract can connect. There are a few ways to get involved. Sharing information is crucial.
(From www.acquisition.gov) Performance-based acquisition (PBA) has many benefits. They include:
- Increased likelihood of meeting mission needs
- Focus on intended results, not process
- Better value and enhanced performance
- Less performance risk
- No detailed specification or process description needed
- Contractor flexibility in proposing solution
- Better competition: not just contractors, but solutions
- Contractor buy-in and shared interests
- Shared incentives permit innovation and cost effectiveness
- Less likelihood of a successful protest
- Surveillance: less frequent, more meaningful
- Results documented for Government Performance and Results Act reporting, as by-product of acquisition
- Variety of solutions from which to choose
If you could not attend World Congress 2011 and listen to breakout sessions about PBSA, click the link above (NCMA Members only) to find relevant presentations.
Email us (click image above) if you are interested in becoming a community leader. We are looking for people to write articles and manage online discussion. It's a small time commitment and you will be recognized on the NCMA website.
If you missed Performance-Based Acquisition Virtual Conference on March 31, 2011 click on the link above to purchase the recording.