10 Key Job Search Tips For New Graduates
By Alison Green
With a new class of college graduates preparing to earn their diplomas, millions of new grads are going to be trying to figure out how to find a job. Here are 10 key tips they should know as they enter into what is still a tough job market.
1. Don't wait to start job searching.
2. Include all of your work experience on your résumé.
3. Don't listen to every piece of job-search advice you hear.
4. Don't apply for everything you see.
5. Broaden your horizons.
6. Don't think you can't intern just because you're no longer a student.
7. Use your network.
8. Practice interviewing.
9. Make sure that your e-mail address, outgoing voicemail message, and online presence all portray you as a professional, mature adult and not a partying college student.
10. Don't panic.