8 Red Flags Employers See on Your Résumé
By Alison Green
Hiring managers spend only seconds skimming your résumé before making a quick decision about whether to reject you or consider you further. Therefore, your résumé should not contain any "red flags" that will turn off hiring managers during that short initial scan. The following are eight red flags that will often put you straight into the "no" pile without further consideration:
1. A history of job-hopping.
2. Grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.
3. Bad writing.
4. Overly aggrandized self-descriptions.
5. Lack of evidence of achievement.
6. No overarching theme to your career choices.
7. Lack of professionalism.
8. Large gaps between jobs.