7 Ways Job Searching Has Changed!
By Alison Green
If you haven't searched for a job recently, you might be in for a rude shock the next time you do. The job search has changed dramatically, as the Internet and the economy have both altered how employers operate and what job seekers can expect.
Here are seven ways the job search is different today than it was just a decade ago.
- Online applications now require information you could previously avoid giving out;
- Competition for jobs is greater;
- Social networking has created new paths for finding connections to jobs;
- Employers are a lot pickier about who they hire;
- It's harder to change fields;
- More candidates are taking internships even after they've graduated from college; and
- Salaries are often lower.