The Most Important Things to Know for Your Job Interview
Published in CareersConnect, November 2012
By Alison Green
One of the strongest differentials between job candidates who do well in interviews and job candidates who don't is whether and how they prepare ahead of time. Preparation is crucial to coming across well; if you simply wing it, you risk coming across poorly and losing the job.
When you're preparing, these are the six most important things to make sure you know:
- What is the job all about?
- What will it take to do it well?
- Why do you think you'll do the job well?
- What will the challenges be?
- What is the company all about?
- What are you most worried you'll be asked?