Value of Certification
Certification provides a direct link between the individual in the workplace and the rest of the professional community. This link provides support, guidance, and opportunity.
Certification increases and enhances competition in the labor market. Employers also enjoy a level of assurance with respect to a certified individual's knowledge, application of that knowledge, and continued professional development.
NCMA's certification program, in particular, sharpens candidates' focus. Recertification continues to hone that focus and maintain or increase the candidates' professional role in the organization.
Who Values Certification?
- "We, as professionals, should care about CPCM certification. This certification attests to our achievements in our chosen profession. The companies that are represented by CPCMs should also care about certification. Certification assures those companies that the individuals charged with the responsibilities of representing the company's interests are capable, well-educated professionals with the requisite knowledge and experience to best accomplish their objectives." - B. Carter Bryant, CPCM
- "All managers and supervisors of organizations that write and manage contracts and want to improve the technical and professional skills of their contracts managers should care." - Robert W. Baker, CPCM
- "CPCM certification means a lot to me, my management, and my customers at DOT. By obtaining my certification, my customers know that I am dedicated to professionalism and providing the most innovative and efficient contract management techniques available." - Megan M. Russell, CPCM
- "Who cares about certification? My executive management does, as evidenced by the following excerpt from my immediate director. 'The CPCM certification is a true mark of proficiency and an elite achievement... you should be proud.' In our organization, certification is not only an individual achievement, but is also encouraged and recognized by our business leadership." - Steven P. Yannotti, CPCM
- "Employers care about CPCM certification. The professional designation represents knowledge, commitment, and dedication to continued education. CPCM certification can be the one element that separates a candidate from the rest of the pack.
Co-workers care about CPCM certification. They recognize CPCM professionals as valuable sources of knowledge and seek them out as mentors.
I care about CPCM certification. It's a professional and personal accomplishment. Everyone that has achieved CPCM certification should be very proud! The result of many hours of study and years of experience, the CPCM certification represents a commitment of lifelong learning that is crucial to the success of contracting professionals." - Tamara M. Martin, CPCM
- "Our customers care about CACM certification. They count on us to handle their requirement(s) with the utmost care, utilizing all available tools of our trade. The certification is just one indicator that the professional assigned to that customer has made efforts to master his/her craft, and the tools needed to get the job done." - Michael G. Lassiter, CACM
- "Firms that want to have a high degree of confidence that their people are properly trained and proficient in the knowledge and ethics of the profession. Individuals who want to grow and set themselves apart from the rest and reap the benefits of professional recognition." - Lucy Lu Gilberg, CPM, CPCM
- "Everyone who works in an organization that operates on contracts should care about CPCM certification. The knowledge gained from preparing for the CPCM exam spans commercial through government environments and covers issues from legal through operations. The result is a contract manager, who is prepared to face an array of contractual challenges." - Jackie L. Thibideau, CPCM
If you have any questions for Certification, please call 1-800-344-8096 or email us at email@example.com.