About the Conference
July 27 – 28, 2006
Hyatt Regency Orange County
Garden Grove, CA
Getting the Work Done: The Government–Industry Team in Transition
We are pleased to invite you to attend the 44th Annual Aerospace and Defense Contract Management Conference. This year’s theme, “Getting the Work Done: The Government–Industry Team in Transition,” will show you how linking contracting in the aerospace and defense sector with other government and commercial business professionals can lead to competitive expansion in the (continually evolving) purchasing community.
Explore educational topics from federal leaders about roles of the contractor on the battlefield, homeland security, the SAFETY Act, competitive sourcing, lessons learned from disasters and much, much more! You will also have an opportunity to discuss these and many other topics pertaining to aerospace and defense contracting with your peers at the networking events and forums.
Please take a few minutes to review this site and register today. We look forward to seeing you in Orange County, CA!
|RADM Leonard (Lenn) Vincent, USN (Ret.), Fellow|
NCMA President (as of July 1, 2006)
|R. Stephen Ayers, Fellow|
Ken Dahlberg, CEO, SAIC
Shay D. Assad, Director, Defense Procurement and Acquisition Policy, Office of the Secretary of Defense
General Session Topics
- Appropriate Roles of Government and Contractors
- Tom Luedtke, Assistant Administrator for Procurement, NASA Headquarters
- Terry Raney, Senior Vice President, CACI
- Stan Soloway, President, Professional Services Council
- Business Transformation
- Rich Fabbre, program manager for DTS at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
- James “Ty” A. Hughes Jr., Deputy General Counsel for Acquisition, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force
- Mark Krzysko, Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense, Strategic Sourcing and Acquisition Processes
- Julia Wise, Procurement Policy Analyst, OFPP, OMB
- The Workforce: Do We Have Enough to Accomplish the Mission?
- Frank Anderson, President, DAU
- Sandy Sieber, Director, Army Contracting Agency
- Ron Smith, Vice President, Contracts, GovConnection, Inc.
- William T. Woods, Director, Acquisition and Sourcing Management, GAO
Breakout Session Topics
- Competitive Sourcing
- Contractors on the Battlefield
- Courting Disaster: Contracting in the Wake of Natural Disasters
- DAPA Panel
- DoD Open Systems-Based Projects: Implications for the Contracting Process
- Doing Business With Universities
- Earned Value Management
- FAR Part 12, Commercial Contracting
- Homeland Security and the SAFETY Act
- Navigating the Cost Impact Process
- Potential Rise in Protectionism: Will Isolation Make a Comeback? (Buy America, Berry Amendment, TAA)
- Predictive Analysis and Early Risk Identification in Strategic Sourcing Decisions
- Small Business Issues: Bundling, Cascading, and More
- What to do When Things go Wrong?
Earn up to 12 continuing education hours by attending this two-day conference.
To download presentations from this conference, click here.